Airports Authority of Trinidad and Tobago (“the Authority”) is a statutory body established by the Airports Authority Act, No. 49 of 1979. The Authority falls under the portfolio of the Ministry of Works and Transport.
The mandate of the Authority is to develop and manage its airport estates, including the development, maintenance and improvement of its facilities, so as to ensure the availability of efficient, secure and safe aviation services and commercial viability.
Both international airports, the Piarco International Airport (POS) and the ANR Robinson International Airport (TAB) are managed and operated by the Authority.
The Authority’s strategic focus continues to be one of delivering high quality customer service and aviation facilities.
The Authority is focused on:
- Improving infrastructure, operational efficiency and performance on our estates to facilitate and attract new business;
- Maximizing aeronautical and non-aeronautical revenues through superior business processes, systems, tools and people;
- Achieving excellence in customer service and stakeholder relations;
- Upgrading airport safety, security and operations to the highest standards through enhanced systems and processes;
- Ensuring the highest, most transparent and effective corporate governance system; and
- Continuous improvement by developing strategic Human Resource Management Systems and processes leading to a performance – driven culture.
Our airports are strategically located in an ideal two in one destination for business and pleasure. We pride ourselves in the skills of our people, our long standing safety record and our commitment to innovative business development.
To be the leader of diverse and innovative aviation driven business in the region
Committed to being customer centric, while stimulating innovation and economic growth in the aviation business
Professionalism & Integrity
Understanding our Business
Transparency & Accountability
Valuing and Embracing People